WTB Detroit Electric Tail Light

My '17 Model 68 is missing the tail light / license plate mount assembly. It is an aluminum casting, actually two pieces and was used for a number of years and models. I've attached the blueprint for it for reference. I know it's a long shot, but if anyone happens to have a spare, I would be open to discuss purchasing it. I am working on making a 3D model to do a 3D print, but it is a ton of work and if I can purchase an original it would be a superior solution.

35243.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps there is some kind soul has one of these tail light housings that they would be willing to loan to me so I can make a copy. I can do a 3D scan which will take me a long way to designing my required replacement. I am trying to design a 3D model directly from the print and it is a daunting project, I'm tearing my hair out. If I could start with a real example in my hand it would really help out.

This really makes one appreciate the craftsmanship of the artisan who made the original wood pieces to use for the casting process.

• Like 1