65 RIV GS CARB QUESTION

IS THE LINKAGE FROM THE FIREWALL TO CARB ON A 2X4 DIFFERENT FROM JUST A 1X4 CARB? ALSO DID THE 2X4 SET UP HAVE A KICKDOWN CONNECTED TO THE LINKAGE?

The linkage for the 2 X 4 is longer than the 1 X 4, you can shorten yours or find another piece and shorten it, The kick down switch is the same only you need the bracket that mounts on the intake. If you don't have this bracket, ???????????????????. SOL.<BR>You will also have to lengthen the vac. hose to the master brake booster. And a new PCV hose line. Of course new intake gaskets are a must. Try to get all these things first before attempting to install,this will make it.. easier and faster.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@al.com

THIS BRACKET THAT YOU MENTIONED, IS IT WHERE THE EYELET ON THE KICKDOWN CONNECTS? IF SO THEN IT IS THERE. I AM REBUILDING A GS 425 MOTOR FOR MY 65 RIVIERA.I HAVE THE POSI REAREND TO GO WITH IT. I PLAN ON USING A BEEFIER CAM,ELECTRONIC IGNITION, AND I AM HAVING A SET OF HEADS PORTED AND POLISHED. I WANT A LOW 14 SECOND RIVIERA. BY THE WAY, I HAVE ANOTHER SET OF 2X4 WITHOUT AIR CLEANER FOR SALE. COMPLETE WITH LINKAGE FOR $1200. LOCATED IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. 661-945-5150

The bracket you will need is the one that mounts on the intake manifold. Two bolts holes, intake manifold bolts are used to secure, very last two hole on the driv side of manifold. Usually has a small pin that the kick down shitch mounts on, the other end of the switch has the round eyelet hole to mount to the carb linkage. <BR>If you have this bracket then you have most of the parts to change over.<P>Good luck<BR>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com