Ten best GM engines of the last decade

The Old Guy

I had a gent ask me the other day which GM engines were the best in the last ten years , and I am stumped. I have some chouces, but I need help. <P> My choices so far are:<P>1 Gen 2 3800 V6<BR>2 Northstar <BR>3 New Vortec inline 6<BR>4 ZZ4 V8<BR>5 Vortec 6000<P> HELP !!!!!!!!<BR>

My personal favorites are:<P>5.7 liter Vortec 255hp V-8 (got one in my '99 GMC 35,000 mi.)<P>Series II 3.8 liter V-6 (got one in the wife's '95 Bonneville 86,000 mi.)<P>Have yet to put a dime into either one. (*knock* *knock* on wood) smile.gif<BR><P>------------------<BR>Scott<P>Visit my 1962 Buick Site "<A HREF="http://advancedthrust.com" TARGET=_blank>Advanced Thrust</A>"

Excuse me, but I don't think the nailhead has been made in the last ten years. Have they really made engines after the nailhead was dropped? smile.gif I've been wondering what all this commotion is about! smile.gif <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.<BR>"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"

C'mon Martinsr , the nail head was a great engine, but technology has made it obsolete. I have run nail heads for years ,and some of the new stuff blows them away. I will admit that there is nothing prettier than a dressed 425 ,but HP wise they can't run with the new engines.

Just think what a 425 with todays cam, fuel and computer spark control technology could do in a no smog true 100+ octane world. Wouldn't it be nice. My pick, the Tonowanda 454 gas and 366 propane JIM

Best looking.......<P>#1 Full dress nailhead with six twos.<BR>#2 302 Jimmy six with a Wayne Fisher 12 port head. <BR>#3 Crowler injected 427 Chevy. <BR><P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.<BR>"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"

Guest oldtimer

in no specific order........<BR>348/409 with 3 2's<BR>392 hemi with 6 2's<BR>320 with 6 1's<BR>oooo tommy ivo's "showboat" with 4 nailheads

I want to add... <BR>1. Straight 8 Buicks<BR>2. Flathead Fords.<BR>3. 322-364 Nailhead with finned spark plug covers, valve covers, valley cover, and air cleaner.

In about 1957 an FI 283 or a Full dress 327 with tri power is a great looking motor. I still like to see them, with script finned Vette valve covers and six twos. <P>It's the TPI 350 "crate" (gag) motors that GET ME ALL RILED UP!!! NOW DON'T GET ME STARTED!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif<P>Ok, Ok, let me get a little back rub.......ah..... smile.gif that's better. <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.<BR>"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"