1940 Buick

HELP!! I have a 1940 Buick 90 Limited Edition, Model 91 Touring car. I need some information about this car. I know that 417 were made & that this is #128, with one being shipped overseas. It was made in Flint, Mich & the body is by Fisher. Can someone tell me how many are still around & the value of this car? It is in very good original condition & still runs. It has dual tire-wells.ligasper@fbcom.net

• 4 weeks later...

i have just inherted a 1940 buick.but i don't no what model it is.it to has side fender wells and in very good shape.all i need to drive it is to put back the dash.it was frame off restord 10 yr.ago.and4 yr left in garage in fla,if somebody can tell me where to look for model # as soon as i can shovel the snow from my garage up here in ma.i will look.can't wait to show the buick some sunshine. frank b. (buke143@aol.com)

The model # is on a small metal plate under the hood, attached to the passenger side of the firewall. It will be a two-digit number, possibly followed by one or two letters, depending on what model you have. 40 series is the Special, 50 series is the Super, 60 series is the Century, 70 series is the Roadmaster, and I believe both 80 and 90 series that year are the Limiteds.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Ector, Texas