Lead: One-Owner 1969 Electra 225 Limited For Sale

Centurion

More than three years ago, I spotted a stunningly pristine '69 Electra 225 Custom Limited 4-door hardtop in the parking lot of a local tire store. As I often do, I left a business card for the local chapter of the BCA on the windshield.

Last night, the owner called me. His wife had died last week following a four-year battle with cancer. The Buick had been her car since new, and he had decided to put the car up for sale. Here are the details:

Options: Limited 60/40 interior with 6-way power on driver's side, air conditioning, power windows, power door locks, tilt wheel. Not sure what other options.

Recent work: New radiator, water pump, and alternator. Transmission completely "gone through".

Condition: Pristine. The car has always been garaged, and, as a West Coast car, has no rust. Owner says that he treated the vinyl roof three times each year, and it still looks great with no rust apparent below the rear window. I looked at the car only very briefly three years ago, but the car appeared to me to be a very fine original.

Mileage: 160,000 miles, but this is one of those cars that appears to have been meticulously maintained. Owner says it still drives like a new car.

Color: Car is a light metallic bronze color with contrasting vinyl roof in a slightly darker color.

Price: Owner says he thinks the car is worth about $5,000 or $5,500 based on his research, but says he is flexible (within reason) and wants the Buick to go to a Buick enthusiast who will appreciate the car.

Location: Car is located in Washington state, about 35-miles north of Seattle.

Contact: Norm Winoski at 425 334-2823. (I told Norm I would do what I could to help him find a buyer for the car.)