Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
jeff_a

jeff_a

Thank you for the additional information, LaurentF. It was quite the motorcar, in the same league as the 1933 Silver Arrow and the Cord of 1936 - though a one-off coachbuilt design. I could find no indication it survived to the present.

Here is a Delage D-15 Aerosport. Perhaps the same inline 8 but a different coachbuilder: Letourneur & Marchand. I've said this before -- but this is a special kind of conveyance: if this car and woman appeared unregistered at an important auto event, it would be one of only a few examples I can conceive of to be allowed in to a place of honor on the showfield. Imagine Randy Ema in the "Twenty Grand" Duesenberg, Ola Källenius* showing up in a 1914 Mercedes Grand Prix car, or Scarlet Johansson tooling up to the visitor parking lot in a Bugatti Royale. Someone would let them in as a non-judged entry. Maybe Walt or a concours official could offer their opinion...

Delage D8 Aerosport Letourneur & Marchand 1934 | Otomobil

* CEO, Mercedes-Benz Group 

jeff_a

jeff_a

Thank you for the additional information, LaurentF. It was quite the motorcar, in the same league as the 1933 Silver Arrow and the Cord of 1936 - though a one-off coachbuilt design. I could find no indication it survived to the present.

Here is a Delage D-15 Aerosport. Perhaps the same inline 8 but a different coachbuilder: Letourneur & Marchand. I've said this before -- but this is a special kind of conveyance: if this car and woman appeared unregistered at an important auto event, it would be one of only a few examples I can conceive of to be allowed in to a place of honor on the showfield. Imagine Randy Ema in the "Twenty Grand" Duesenberg, Ola Källenius* showing up in a 1914 Mercedes Grand Prix car, or Scarlet Johansson tooling up to get a parking pass in a Bugatti Royale. Someone would let them in as a non-judged entry. Maybe Walt or a concours official could offer their opinion...

* CEO, Mercedes-Benz Group 

jeff_a

jeff_a

Here is a Delage D-15 Aerosport. Perhaps the same inline 8 but a different coachbuilder: Letourneur & Marchand.

jeff_a

jeff_a

Thank you for the additional information, LaurentF. It was quite the design, in the same league as the 1933 Silver Arrow and the Cord of 1936 - though a one-off coachbuilt design.

Here is a Delage D-15 Aerosport. Perhaps the same inline 8 but a different coachbuilder: Letourneur & Marchand.