P.H.

Idle Swede

Hey...Idle Sweede ...are you referring to me ( Pete Hartman ) ? ...if so..if you sent me a "private message"...I somehow missed it...I am not the "sharpest drill in the box" when it comes to computers and computering....try again..?

Pete Hartmann

WHAT "blinking icon"...what is the mystery...if it relates to old cars, let's hear it, so that everyone can learn something. If it is some form of praise for my incredible charm, sweet disposition, and great intelligence...dont bother..I already KNOW how magnificent a human being I am......!

( and if anyone believes any of the above....man..do I have a "hot deal" on a used bridge in Brooklyn for you....! )

Pete Hartmann

Pete, sometimes you surprise me.

Did you work for the lawfirm of "Haagen & Daz"? wink.gif

How about this, on top of the page there is a line with: Main Index, Search, My Home, Who's Online, FAQ & Logout.

Here comes the difficult part wink.gif click on My Home & then on: Received Private Message & Voilla, French for, There you go. wink.gifwink.gif

Idle :

You just dont LISTEN...do you...when I tell you I am not the sharpet drill in the box...I aint kidden..I really AM that dumb...at least..about computers ! But I DID finally figure out how to access your message. I can't figure out how to respond using this site's private E mail, so hopefully, the other "chatters" in here will forgive me for taking everyone's time for this message - bear with me.

Yes...by all means...let's get together in February, and tell a few lies about how intelligent and knowlegable we are about old car matters !

Here's the story. I go once a year to the LAKE AIRCRAFT OWNERS CONVENTION. The convention begins at the Holiday Inn, Winterhaven, Sat. night Feb 8, with a dinner, and continues thru to the following Wed. Upwards of a hundred LAKE amphib. aircraft will show up - most will be parked at BARTOW AIRPORT (roughly half-way between BARTOW and WINTERHAVEN, FLorida ( south of Orlando - Kissimee).

Of course everyone who is interested in mechanical devices is welcome to come look at our airplanes.

I will get there a few days before, as I want to participate in the "recurrecy" training offered concurrent with the Convention. The FOLLOWING week, one of the FLORIDA "chatters" in here, has suggested I come down to some kind of big classic-car related or Packard show, and, hopefully, I can stay over long enough to do that. I think he said that is in the "Boco" area.

As we get closer to the date, let's communicate, and arrange to get together. Perhaps you can E mail me directly ?

Pete Hartmann

Big Springs, AZ