Water leak

alesco

I have a 1988 Reatta, and when it rains hard, water drips in from the window and onto the power seat controls. Although I have a moonroof, water does not seem to be seeping in through there, and the rubber around the window looks good. Does anybody have a suggestion on where the leak could be coming from?

Guest wally888

In search there are recent instructions for adjusting window upwards.

Keep drains at the end of Moonroof clear. If they get stopped up you'll get a leak there.

Guest Greg Ross

I've had a similar problem, assume you're referring to water ingress around the front of the Vent/ "A" Pillar.

The Vent Glass frame can be adjusted inwards down in the bottom of the door, remove the Speaker and you'll find at the bottom of the Glass Guide an "L" Bracket Bolt. Slacken off the Bolt, push outwards and retighten. This will tip the Vent Frame inwards and improve the seal.

Careful if you are going to play with the "Up Stops" on the Side Glass, this is trial-and-error. There are two of these and if allowed to run too high you'll end up with a poor seal at the rear of the Side Glass and possibly induce a worse seal at the top. You may also overstretch the wee pocket at the top of the Vent Window.