Convertible Top Replaced

Changed the top on my 90 vert this weekend. Used Rick Pugh's video and manual. The manual sorely lacks in detail for removal and installation. If anybody else wants to attempt this, email me and I'll be happy to give you some tips that'll save time and energy.

P.S. looks great and really wasn't a difficult task.

curt

Sorry to be late in reply. I forgot which company I got the top from and had to check when I got home. The top actually came from EZ on Autotops. I called them this morning and they won't sell directly. I purchased my top -black fabric with heated glass- from Seatco for $750.00 plus shipping. Hydro-Electric also sells one for $1160.00 (same specs) and ShadeTree for $789.95. My top is excellent quality, fit very well and had plenty of tab for glueing. I also found a site Classic Auto Restoration Parts that sells headliners. All three top sellers offer fabric or vinyl, glass or plastic window (vinyl much cheaper). When I have more time, I'll add to this post with tips for install. If you need tips before then, email me and I'll make time and post here. My Reatta is Gun Metal Gray, gray interior, black trim and had a worn, white vinyl top. The black fabric top really sets off the trim and gives the car a much stealthier look -been getting lots of compliments. grin.gif

good luck and will post tips soon,

curt

I bought my top from Cabrio World in Newark, New Jersey. Found them on the internet. It was about $425 with heated window, pinpoint vinyl. Very nice fit. Couldn't find a headliner at the time.

B. Pate 1990 Red Convertible