Stephen Kings New Book "From a Buick 8 "

palbuick

Just learned of a new Stephen Kings new book, 'From a Buick 8'

Sounds like a good mystery story about a 54 Buick Roadmaster. Quote from book,

There's a 1954 Buick parked in a shed behind a State Police barracks in rural Pennsylvania. If you open the door, you'er in ... another dimension. That is , if you don't just ... disappear.

Sounds like a good book, can't wait until the movie.

Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

Guest Dynaflo2

Pal,

I've been waiting for the book for months. I believe it is due out next month. You can get foreign editions right now on eBay. Even if you don't intend to buy, it's worth a look just to get a peek at the various cover art. On the British covers, they show something more recent than a '54. I think it shows a '58.

Guest my3buicks

The first edition was printed in England and has a picture of a sinister looking 58 on the cover where-as the US version has a picture of a 53 on the cover(maybe 54, but sure looks more like a 53). Content should be the same, but it's nice to get the first edition. I picked up three of the original printing first editions, one for myself and 2 for gifts.

The initial advertisement has the front of a 54 Buick (blue). If you pick up a copy of the September 27 issue of Entertainment Weekly and look on page 20, Stephen King is standing in front of my 1953 Roadmaster.

JB

Guest my3buicks

OK, not that it is important, but I looked at the front of the US version again and it is a 53 for sure. Has the flat ended bumperettes rather than the pointed ones for 54, and the emblem in the front of the hood rather than the BUICK name spelled out.