Door ajar lite

Charlie B.

The door ajar lite stays on on my 90 Convert.Also when the ignition is turned off, the radio goes off and the windows will not operate, just as if the door is open. The interior lites do come on when either door is opened.

I have noticed that the key hole lite comes on in the passenger door but not on the drivers door. I saw in a post that these are fiber optics with a bulb built into the wire harness. Can this be repaired and if so, what kind of bulb is to be used. Charlie

88 - 89 uses the inside door panel courtesy light. If 90 - 91 is different, it may be like Cadillac. Cadillac used a plastic gray and white buld container that pulls apart into two sections. The bayonet bulb GE558 looks like a special bulb with a focusing lense built into the glass.

There is a switch that is built into the door latch that controls the door ajar light, and I'm assuming the delayed power supply. The interior lights however are controlled by door jamb switches. I would guess the door latch switch is broken. As to the key hole lights. I can only speak for the 89 model, but I would not think these would have been changed. The Key Hole lights on the 89(again I would think they would be the same, if not, I'm certain someone else in the forum would know for sure) are fiber optic cable. Their light source is the courtesy lights in the door. Do the lights in the door work? If not, that's the problem. If the do, the fiber optic cable has come loose either from the courtesy light unit or the key hole or both. The only way to check all of these problems is to remove the door panel. Howard