Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Frank DuVal

Frank DuVal

What make/model/year? If GM in the last 30 years, open up and remove the filter/orifice. If clogged with aluminum, etc. , replace.  If other make, others will chime in. 

Vacuum for a looong time, hours, not the 30 minutes shops give it due to time constraints, overnight is common on systems that have been opened, heat lamp on dryer to make it release the moisture from the silica gel. Maybe 30 mins at a time for the heat lamp. Then does it hold vacuum overnight?

Frank DuVal

Frank DuVal

What make/model/year? If GM in the last 30 years, open up and remove the filter/orifice. If clogged with aluminum, etc. , replace.  If other make, others will chime in. 

Vacuum for a long time, heat lamp on dryer to make it release the moisture from the silica gel. Maybe 30 mins at a time for the heat lamp. Then does it hold vacuum overnight?

Frank DuVal

Frank DuVal

On 12/3/2017 at 12:34 PM, Digger914 said:

might as well give those two bags a couple minutes in the nuke.

I have a silica gel desiccant dryer for spray painting. When the gel turns pink I put some on a paper plate and microwave it until it turns blue. Do a plate at a time and put it back in service. Works great! I could use an oven, but I don't have one in the shop.😉