Fixed 19" split rim for wood spoked 29 Dictator

Perhaps if one saw a picture of the damage one could explain how to straighten it.  I have seen lots of wheels and rims straightened.

Tinindian, To look at it you would think it is pretty straight. However it is warped enough that it will no go on the wheel. I have tried stretching it using a jack and 2x4s cut in the diameter of the wheel. The lock does not want to stay closed either. Unless some place has a jig, I thought I might be able to make one using wood and a good rim as a template. Of course I would prefer to find someone who has a good used wheel they would part with for a reasonable sum. 

I don't know if I would want to run on it everyday it us straight enough for a spare. I used my torch, Hercules Rim Tool and a lot of elbow grease. I just kept putting it on the wheel and marking the high spots. Eventually I had it good enough to install. I then put an old tire with a new tube and flap on it. I hope to get another new Universal tire eventually but for now my pocket book says this older tire will have to do since buying 4 new tires, 5 tubes and flaps has ran me out of cash. 

20170603_134840.jpg

20170603_124301.jpg

Edited by keninman
Added more text for explanation (see edit history)

I think you have done a great repair.  I would put in on a road wheel and drive it locally for a while.  Perhaps on a bit of a rough road.  Check the rim bolts and wedges after every drive for a while and it might settle right into place.  Personally I would not be afraid to take it out on the highway.