Packards in Films

Guest Kevin AZ

Guest Kevin AZ

Randy....I chuckled a couple of years ago when I saw the bathtub pulling up to the hotel in London to drop off the General.<P>Al ....Check out 'Back to the Future'. There is a pretty 48-50 convertible in one of the later scenes of the movie. It's the scene where Mc Fly finally punches Biff out on the parking lot..... rolleyes.gif" border="0

Guest Kevin AZ

Another film just popped into memory....'The Fly', with Vincent Price. It has a scene at the end with a '48-50 Packard ambulance. Say, was Henney still the builder of those bodies at that time?

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a great movie on TCM Friday night. Small town Girl, filmed in 1936 A Packard 120 convt coupe made a cameo, but there were lots of great shots of a Duesenberg J roadster, probably a Murphey. Also lots of fantastic Art Deco buildings and interiors.

Another that comes to mind. There are no Packards, but a lot of great 55/56 cars, enough to make one salivate greatly. Its called "HOT CARS" I will warn you now this is NOT academy award acting, but once you see all of the great cars in it you probably won't care. I have a copy of the tape but you might be able to get at B.B. or M.G. I got mine off of Cinemax. Since P.H. digs the chicks so much he might remember the late Joi Lansing<BR>in this flick, she was the poor mans Jayne Mansfield. We show this movie at our club meetings every once in a while.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Randy Berger

Next time you watch Godfather - pay attention when Michael comes out of church after becoming godfather and climbs into 1954 Packard limousine. That car was for sale in the past couple of years. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Guest Randy Berger

There was a black/white episode of the Fugitive where Kimble is driving an old model A pickup with a nun as passenger and they get stopped on the highway. Sitting behind them is a 56 Patrician.<BR>"The Amboy Dukes" with Stallone as a teenager has them driving around in a 55/56 Packard. wink.gif" border="0 <BR>YFAM, Randy