Stuff

RO

Idle chat two pages too long to scroll through. Just got back from Florida trip where I saw that same 1956 Patrician behind some stores in downtown Eustis. I looked at the absent "between-the-doors" trim pieces and could see the previous owners had problems like we have seen and heard before. There was glue residue all over the body where the trim pieces were mounted. Packard #2 of the trip was up the road in Umatilla and it is a pink and gray 1955 Panama Clipper sitting under an open building of 4 stalls. I took a digital photo with a borrowed camera but it failed to record the picture. Packard #3 (a 1955-56)I am told is out from there about 10 miles adjacent to an old junk yard but I am told it is very restorable....no time to check it out this trip. And finally packard # 4 I learned today is a 1953 Clipper in Penofoskee that they guy has stopped driving because of age and eyesight. Looks like I needed to stay down there one extra day.

The Eustis car show on saturday had plenty of studebakers but no Packards. And on Sunday I took a trip up to Gainesville where out in the woods I saw about 100 Studebakers parts cars along with some pristine examples of the car at one of the big vendors for Studebakers. Security checks at the airports no longer a fun thing.