65-73 ford mustang and inspection question

Guest jameslm

Guest jameslm

Greetings antique lovers!

I'm completely new to this forum and proud of owning my first antique car (and my first car I ever brought!).

I have in my garage a Ford 1969 Mustang grande with a few tune up that packs a little power in it when I brought it. The seller was the 3rd owner who brought it in 2000 and was stored in 2005. 11 years later he decided to sell it to me since it needs to be out on the road instead of hibernating. Here's what he told me what's inside:

10k on a crate 302 engine with trick flow heads, flowmasters, American Racing rims, coil-over shocks, front disc brakes by Master Power.

Also to my speculation he seem to have put in new headlights and an msd control module. He also told me everything else seems modded and the only thing that's original is the drivetrain and the transmission. Unfortunately I don't know anything else that's inside, but perhaps you can help me out judging by these pictures.

Some of the issues would be the radiator fan. Every time it idles in traffic, especially in a hot weather, the car tends to overheat and must be pull over to cool down. I was thinking of installing an electric fan to maximize to cooling, or should I get a new, better operating radiator?

Now that i got that out of the way, I want to talk about passing it on inspections test for road safety. the state (Virginia) requires to have an inspection test to pass in order to have my title and registration pass to me (i brought the car in Maryland). Some of the issues I may believe wont pass is the brake line for emergency parking which the owner took out for no reason, the fuel mileage gauge which the meter is stuck in empty even though theres a full tank, the flicker for the right signal doesn't stick all the way, and theres no windshield wiper fluids to spray on the windshield. For those who have pass it on inspection, or those who live in Virginia and know how freaking serious the state takes on emissions and inspections, could you help me out on what my mustang needs to pass the test so I can get it on the road for a daily drive? Big appreciation if you could.

Once again, i'm proud of owning an antique car and excited to join this forum! By the way heres the pics to see what else is inside in which I'm uncertain.

http://imgur.com/gallery/6TO5X

Edited by jameslm (see edit history)

Have you flushed the radiator? Im thinking the radiator is pluged if it sat unused for 11 yrs. Also you are missing the bracket on the alternator from the top long bolt to the water pump. That bracket helps support the alt. so you can tighten the belt. also check the thermostat and rad cap.A bad cap or thermostat will cause over heating.  KENN