1914 Cadillac Valve Guides

I need valve guides for my 1914 Cadillac. dimentions are 5.125" length, 7/16" i.d., 11/16" o.d. made of cast iron. Any known sources or some similar that can be machined?

• 4 weeks later...

Mike Sullivan,<P>For the 1914 Cadillac valve guides, you might try and find a new guide that fits the valve stem, and then bore out the old cast iron guides and press fit the new guide into the old ones. I have done this on a number of motors in the past and this system works very well. There are some old guides that screw into the block. These are more difficult to find or manufacture. By press fitting new guides into the old worn out guide you will save a lot of money and time.<P>Howard Musolf<BR>President HCCA 2001.

Mike,<P>There is another way to go. That is to have the valve stems hard chromed oversize and then have the worn guides honed to fit the new stem size. The cost is close to the same as pressing new guides into the old ones. I have had hard chrome work done at Electronic chrome in Santa Fe Springs California, with excellent results.<P>Howard.