1901 Cuved Dash Olds saught

Car Search 2002...... WANTED: one peticular 1901 Curved Dash Olds<P> Hello to all of you that read this note;<BR> I'm hoping someone out there is able to help me with my search for one peticular old car..... My most wanted car is my deceased uncle's 1901 Curved Dash Olds. My uncle, James Otto VanGorder, was a two time Horseless Carriage Club president in the Sacramento, California area. He died in late 1972 or early 1973. He was saving the car for a retirement project but he died before he retired or started the restoration, (He had found an original car in very good condition).<BR> His entire estate was sold by auction with a bank acting as executor of his will. The proceeds of the sale were passed along to his step daughter (Polly Ann "VanGorder" Ballin) who lived in LaHabra Hights, California.<BR> At the time of my uncles death, I had resently been discharged from the Air Force. Although I wanted the CDO for myself, there was just no way I could afford it. At the very least I wanted to keep track of its where-abouts and it's new owners but, that was not to be. My uncle had reasently remarried and his widow didn't keep in touch with the rest of the family. I wanted to be sensitive of his widows feelings and respectful of her and to his memory, I didn't want to be one of those who were there for what they could get .... I didn't know what happened to the car and only later learned the car was auctioned off with all his other worldly goods. The only lead I have is, the state of California sent a letter to his daughter saying, although they normally don't charge sales tax in situations like this, there was so much being sold they wanted tax collected, (My uncle owned a paving company and had a lot of equipment plus a lot of old cars, tractors, antique engines, guns, tools etc.). <BR> These days I still can't afford to buy the 01 Olds but, if I can establish a trail to the exact car my uncle owned, perhaps in the future I might. I am a disabled Operating Engineer, (heavy construction equipment operator) and now pursue an acting career. Who knows, by this time next year, I may not only be able to afford the car but will be able to hire a private investigator to find it for me if I can't find it myself. With GOD's will being done in my life, perhaps this will be one of the blessings he provides. <BR> An interesting note....... I was named after this uncle, he was and I am Operating Engineers, we both had/have a love of old cars.... He had restored a 1911 Ford touring, 19?? Whiting (not a White) and a few others I don't remember........ I have a 1922 Ford wood bodied roaster pick up, 1927 Ford coupe, 1931 Dodge Brothers coupe, 1937 Studebaker 4 door........ He made a statement to my parents..... If anything happens to the two of you, no one is going to raise your two boys but me.... my parents concurred.<BR> Any information you have that can help me find that one peticular 1901 Curved Dash Olds will be greatly appreciated....... <BR> Thanks a bunch......James Otto Behres <BR>(current membeships in The Curved Dash Oldsmodile Club member 733 and Model T Ford Club of America, San Fernando Valley California Chapter)<P>Home phone number: (818) 785-0988 Pager and voice mail: (818) 603-6036 <BR>--- JOB, a member of SAG<BR>--- aka ----- Big Jungle Jim<BR>--- email: sag4job@earthlink.net or bigjunglejim@yahoo.com