1956 322 Dual Quads or EFI?

Today I had buyer's remorse... lol

I phoned my mother and grandmother and told them the news.

My grandfather always wanted to hotrod his old Buick Century, but his idea of hot rodding it was dropping a Buick 455 in it and calling it good. He had a 1941 Buick Century with the compound carburetion manifold and he told me my attempts were foolhardy and to enjoy the moment while it last. He assured me when the time came to retune it after everything settles in and summer vanishes, that I'll want to throw it all away. Harsh words from the foreman...

Can't say my mother was all too happy for me either. About the only one in the family that was excited was the pops, but he loves this kind of stuff anyways.

So we'll see. I'm happy with it, car runs extremely well for an amateur like me. My only regret is the air cleaners... they're spaced too far apart and the element is too tall so it exposes too much. They looked good on the desk, but I'm highly conservative and somewhat shy, the flashiness of the chrome is a bit too much. Might go back to the CAD software and make a new air cleaner that looks like a traditional oil bath setup, kind of like how this guy did his:

ho-t-rod-air-cleaner-jpg.2663935

Though I think it's funny that they have the tightening knob on there where it's clearly a 4-barrel but I digress, probably the coolest air cleaner I've seen.