ORIGINAL Gas Pump Globes For Sale

Guest Pops1532

I'm selling a few of my original gas pump globes to free up space (and money) for some globes I'm adding to my collection.

First off we have three globes from Clayton, MO based Imperial Refineries:

The Imperial Refineries globe would have been used from the 1940's up to the 1980's. SOLD! Thanks!

The Imperial Ethyl globe would have been used from the late 1940's into the 1960's. It has original lenses on an aftermarket body. SOLD! Thanks!

The Imperial No Lead dates from the 1970's through the 1980's. It's all original and the body has a few minor issues as can be seen in the pictures. $300 + shipping.

Next up are a NOS pair of 13 1/2" Artex lenses. Artex was a grade of gasoline sold by Amoco. These lenses are meant to go on a hard to find/expesive Gill body. I have them mounted on a modified aftermarket plastic body. They could be silicone caulked to a realatively inexpensive aftermarket glass body. I'd be happy to explain to the new owner how do that. I've had these lenses in my collection for 14 years. I bought a similar 15" metal body Artex globe awhile back so it's time for this globe to find a new home. SOLD! Thanks!

Lastly, is a single Pioneer High lens on an aftermarket body. I don't know the history of the company or just when this globe would have been used. There is a weak spot on the small case "h". Still, this rare globe displays nicely. $200 + shipping.

Check the for sale gallery on my website for more pictures.

post-142060-0-35811100-1444317508_thumb.

post-142060-0-36943000-1444317530_thumb.

post-142060-0-96384900-1444317549_thumb.

Edited by Pops1532 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...