California Concours

Guest Chuck Conrad

Guest Chuck Conrad

The following was an email to me. I understand that this concours is just getting started but shows great potential. Maybe some of tou SoCal guys would like to get involved.<P>"We would like to invite you and your cars to participate in our Car Show, <BR>Oct. 14, 2001 - Van Nuys, CA. Please pass this message along to your members <BR>in our area. For more information visit our website Car Show Index or go to <BR>ghhscheer.carshow.50megs.com "

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Chuck for the post. Hope all the SoCa guys and gals will take the day off and pay us a visit. Besides great cars and food (you will be fed by the caterers of "Bay Watch") you will also be entertained by one of the best Cheer Squads in Southern Calif. Hope to see you all there!

Ha...inviting CLASSIC cars to VAN NUYS ? You did tell us about the caterers...but what about the armament and security...? <P>C'mon...guy...some of us have actually DRIVEN thru Van Nuys ( fast...and with our "safety" OFF.....!<P>( I wonder if this guy inviting us to Van Nuys....got us confused with some other club...this is the Classic CAR Club Of America....not the Classic ARMORED VEHICLE Club Of America...)<P>Pete Hartmann<BR>(refugee from the San Fernando Vally now living in "classic car safe" northern Arizona...)<P>Hmmmm...maybe I might come after all...I have a line on a really sharp '43 Stuart light tank.....these are really slick little jobs...weigh only about 30,000 lbs...use two "flat head" Caddy's and Hydra matic transmission. Any ordinary eighteen wheeler could move it around for you...you wouldn't need a real tank transporter..... rolleyes.gif" border="0