Reno Hot August Nights

To The Members of CCCA<P>I have returned from the Reno Hot August Nights Car Show. <P>It is the most prestigious show for "Modified Classics" on the West Coast --- Note I am coining a new term. Anyone that is anybody was there. 5000 cars from all over the United States.<P>The show had a wide variety of Superbly Done --- "Modified Classics" --- The "Batmobile", a NOMADVETTE (57 Chevy front end and Chevy Nomad back half), lots of mustangs, camaros, 55-57 Chevys and TBirds, street rods of all kinds, 50s trucks, chevelles,20s model-Ts, etc. <BR>I will be going back next year.<P>Hope to see you there...It is the "in thing" to do.<P>Len Trimlett -- ltrimlet@pacbell.net smile.gif" border="0

Mr. Trimlett,<P>Please follow the rules of this forum and only post pertinent information to the correct forum. Your above post is not related to the CCCA and will be removed.<P>Peter

Peter:<P>On the contrary. I am posting to the correct forum. I object to the clubs narrow minded definition of "Full Classic" when they say that "My Mothers 72 Plymouth" is not a classic. <P>One of your Clubs (Association of California Car Clubs -- CCCA spelled backwards) tried to break up the California SB42 smog exemption. They have been caught interfering with legislation relative to SB42. In particular Frank Weeks drafted legislation to revoke the rolling exemption for cars 30 years and older . Meaning that 74s,75s, etc. would loose the benefit of that exemption. THAT WAS NOT WELCOME NOR EXCEPTED.<P>I don't object to Classic Car Club of America having a politically correct list of cars for membership but when your club goes so far to say that anything but your "Politically Correct List of Cars" is not a classic, then I get angry. <P>I get angry when one of your member clubs (Association of California Car Clubs) tries to mess with legislation relative to my smog check exemption. I refer to SB1811 in the year 2000 session and SB800 in the 2001 California legislative session. That is why I am here. <P>Are you such a "NARROW MINDED INDIVIDUAL" that YOU ARE UNWILLING TO ACCEPT ANY DISCUSSION THAT DOESN'T FIT YOUR NARROW MOLD?<P>It would appear that way.<P>Len Trimlett

Len,<P>You make an assumption that is wrong... the Association of California Car Clubs (ACCC) is in not related to the AACA, CCCA or this forum in any way. Your inference is incorrect. If you have a problem with the ACCC take it up with them, this is not the place.<P>I have no problem with your displeasure with the way in which the word “Classic” is used. Had I, then the thread you started would have been deleted… but it is germane to the CCCA and worth discussing. (I personally thing you are wrong, but that is my opinion – and right).<P>What I do have a problem with is your posting a reference to a car show that is for modified cars in a forum dedicated to unmodified cars. It’s the wrong place to post this information -- and the way you worded it is in my opinion inflammatory.<P>I applaud your efforts to prevent crusher laws in your state – as do most of the rest of the frequenters to this forum. But your incorrect assumption that the CCCA and ACCC are related, and your attacks towards the CCCA strictly because of their choice of words to describe their vehicles distracts from your efforts.<P>Peter

Guest Chuck Conrad

Len, you said: "It is the most prestigious show for "Modified Classics" on the West Coast --- Note I am coining a new term. Anyone that is anybody was there."<P>That's nice, and I'm happy you enjoyed Hot August Nights. I've had fun there too, but it has nothing to do with CCCA. For what it's worth, the term "Modified Classic" is a registered trademark of the Classic Car Club of America, Inc., which vigorously protects its intellectual and physical property. You did not invent the term nor have you trademarked it. As such you and have no legal right to it. <P>If you wish to email me privately, I will be happy to give you the name and address of CCCA's legal council, and you can discuss its use with him.