wedding transportation

hi I am having a really hard time looking for someone who has a classic convertible to transport me and my future husband on our wedding day - June 17th in Pasadena, CA. If you know of anyone you can refer who would able to help us, we'd be extremely grateful. <P>virginia Landa<BR>(626)296-2997

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chuck Conrad

As CCCA Web Master, I get several of these requests per week. Usually, there is nothing I can do to help. Many owners of Antique and Classic Automobiles have very restrictive insurance which prohibits them from any commercial use of their vehicle. That's how we can afford to keep them insured. <P>There's usually no problem using the Family's old car for their daughter's wedding, or even that of a close friend. As soon as you start transporting people who are total strangers (even at no charge) you get into very thin ice as far as insurance coverage is concerned. <P>While most of us love to share and show off our cars, in todays law suit happy society, many car collectors are hesitant to do things that expose themselves to extra liability.<P>Try to think of this from the other side of the coin too. What if you or your fiancee were seriously injured (or worse) while riding in someone's old car that experienced a mechanical failure? Do you think you'd want compensation?<P>I'm not fond of the situation either, but that's the unfortunate reality.<P>There are commercial limo and livery services in most major cities who have suitable well maintained cars and proper insurance coverage. It may be in your own best interests to seek them out.<P>Chuck<p>[This message has been edited by Chuck Conrad (edited 03-26-2000).]