Young people/custom buicks/hot rod deluxe

Man, you guys have given this subject alot of thought! Wow.... I think that this has been a good thread to read through......<BR>John ask your friend with the warbirds if would like to do some even trading....his P51 for a base 56 special...hehe.....I'll even top off the tank

Joe, you wouldn't be related to my wife, would you? wink.gif I took no offense, you can't expect to be greeted warmly telling other people what they should do with their stuff! <P>I don't post anything on here that is intended to be offensive or mean spirited. I also will never be anyone's sycophant. It's dissappointing to know that other's do not respect or agree with your opinion. But if you're not looking for opinions what are you doing even reading a thread like this? confused.gif<P>I've been involved in the car hobby for my entire adult life (which isn't really that long yet, I'm 42), and I've seen <I> way </I> too many people do things that were much too short sighted and that they later regretted. The guy I know here in town who built the street rod Cameo could kick himself now, at the very least he threw thousands of dollars worth of now unobtainable parts in the trash to build that car.<P>And when you're 22 it can be hard to realize that that time of regret isn't really all that far away. That guy would've taken that street rod back for a stock restoration 20 years ago, about 12-14 years after it was done. It would be no different today to be street rodding a 1990 Dodge Dakota convertible truck (similar vehicle/similar production/similar age).<P>I do have one question for Joe though: what happened between 7:29AM and 7:36AM that changed your mind about the apology? Not that I don't appreciate or accept it (I do), but without registering anyone could use your name and post anything! shocked.gif You should register.<P>As regards for the email address, I origionally registered "Dave@Moon" when I could only check my email once a week. Since I couldn't be all that reliable about answering any messages, I left it off. If you read those old "Young People" threads you'll see that that ticked a few of those old guys off, which (frankly) I didn't mind all that much, so I kept it that way. <P>Also I used to be in environmental law enforcement, where you tend to run into people of all walks of life. And if you really run into <B> all </B> walks of life, there will be a few you'd like to avoid as much as possible. It's been 8 years now, and I think there are still a few guys in the local State Penitentiary who'd <I> really </I> like to know where I live! shocked.gif I tend to be a little protective of my privacy as a result. One of the officers of our Chapter is a Federal law enforcement investigator. You'll probably <B> never </B> see him register on this forum.<p>[This message has been edited by Dave@Moon (edited 09-01-2000).]