Cole Touring Car Info Needed

Can anyone help me get information on Cole Automobiles. I have a black metal tool box that I am told by my father came from his father's COLE Touring Car and I would like to know something about this auto manufacturer ie. when were they in business and what type type of cars did they make and for how long? Please I would appreciate any help you can give me.<P>Thank you in advance. You can reach me at photog14@juno.com

There were in the past 3 Cole Car Companies: one in 1903 in Rockford/Illinois and one in 1904 in Charles City/Iowa. But they exist only one year.<BR>The "real" Cole Car Comp. were in Indianapolis/Indiana from 1909 to 1925. They started with a smaller car with a 2cyl. engine and a 90" wheelbase. From 1910 they built 4 cyl. cars and in 1913 they started with a 6 cyl. with 40 hp and a wb of 132". No small car! In 1916 they had their first V8 cyl. car with 39hp and a 127" wb. The engine was manufactured by GM. In 1920 the Cole had now 80hp and this power have not changed until the end of the company. From 1916 Cole built only 8 cyl. cars. They had a lot of different bodies and they built no chep cars. The price were between a Buick and a Cadillac but closer to a Cadillac.<P>------------------<BR>Thomas Borchers<BR>Member of AACA # <BR>HCCA and MAFCA