Oops!

Question for someone who is up on the rules of judging. I have recently acquired an older vehicle. I wanted to remove some of the accumulated grease on the engine and an acquaintance who is a mechanic offered to assist. My mistake #1. The degreaser he used along with the pressure washer took the factory paint on the block and valve covers down to the primer. If I repaint the engine and replace the gaskets will I get marked down if the vehicle is entered as "unrestored"? Thanks for any insight.

Can you clarify what you mean by "enter as unrestored"? If you mean HPOF class, then that class is NOT judged, it is evaluated.<BR>Repainting the engine will not disqualify you from that class so long as a greater part of the vehicle is "original." By original we mean untouched since new, not just an old car that hasn't been painted etc for a long time.<P>If you mean being point judged in an unrestored vehicle class, there is no such thing in AACA. We judge vehicles as they came from the factory [a broad term] and they didn't leave the factory with 50 or more years of use and wear showing.<P>If it is not old enough for HPOF, then consider the new driver class. That class too is not judged, merely evaluated. ~ hvs