Horn button/switch for 1935 Dodge

jimy

My second series 1935 KC pickup is missing its horn button and most of the related parts. This is quite different from the later (perhaps 1936 or later) horn buttons that are still commonly available as a kit. This assembly threads onto a "cup" which is held on by the steering wheel nut. The button assembly is MUCH shallower than the later type buttons (which could possibly be adapted to fit but would look pretty silly sitting so high above the wheel).

I currently have a button just under the dash for the horn, but it is not at all handy. I see a few options.

1 - get the correct button, but I have had no luck so far. Does anyone have a lead for me? Any parts at all would be great - all I have are the two parts that go under then nut.

2 - adapt another button. I'm really having trouble finding anything close. Is it common for other horn buttons to be attached under the wheel nut and for the wire to come up thru a hole in the steering shaft? Any suggestions?

3 - Would a later Dodge wheel and button fit my truck? This wheel is pretty "flat" - anything that had a big rise would really not work in this cramped cab.

4 - make something.

Any suggestions?

thanks for any help

Jim