front seat in my olds

i recently purchased a mildly customized 1950 olds, i absolutely love the car, but there is one minor change i would like to make, i am 6'4" and oiver 275 lbs and the front seat is awfully close to the front of the car. even my wife, who thankfully is about half my size remarks abnout how close she is to the pedals and wheel when she drives. my question is, is there any way to increase the rear travel on these old seats. i hate to have to try to replace the seat with another, but we went with the custom so that we could enjoy longer cruises and trips. any suggestions, blueflame

You ought to consider shrinking rather than further modifying a nice old car. frown.gif" border="0<P>Just kidding - I've spent a lifetime with your very problem. On the first VW purchased back in 1960, we moved the driver's seat frame back. Worked great. Ever hear of the Fat Man steering wheel accessory for the Model T and other era cars? Similar purpose. wink.gif" border="0

It sounds to me like the car may be already modified. My grandfather was short, and always had the dealer re-locate the seat further forward than what the factory supplied. You just may find that is the case with your car! A 1950 Olds should have plenty ofroom.