'37 Chrysler radio antenna

I have the original Philco radio for my '37 Chrysler Royal but no antenna. The antennas available through the aftermarket have the "standard" push-in connector with an extended center pin, like most antennas today. My radio requires a connector much like the old fuse holders in that it has two ears sticking out that fit in two slots and twist to lock it in place.<BR> Does any one know what I am talking about? Do you know where I can get such an antenna or at least the connector to adapt to an aftermarket antenna?

• 2 weeks later...

Contact one of the radio repair places and see if they can readapt your old radio. I know what you mean, because I had a '37 years ago. Never did put the radio in, though. I figured the stations would play music I didn't like. In all sincerity, it's hard anymore to pick AM stations with all the interference. We only get a few with a really good antenna. Most stations have gone to FM that I felt worth listening.<P>As I said, check with the repair places listed in Hemmings or other mags.