Somerset GS?

Was there ever such an animal as an 80's Buick Somerset GranSport?<P>Saw one today that was either a nice original or a cleverly done phantom car... 2 door, featured blacked out grill and mouldings, tinted glass, aluminum rims, and a full set of GranSport emblems (looked the same as Regal GS around same year range mid-late 80's) The car looked clean yet fairly original... a little bit of a head scratcher...<P><P>------------------<BR>1968 "Canadian" Pontiac Beaumont<BR>1988 Buick LeSabre T-Type<BR>

buick made a skylark gs in 90 or 91 . my son bought a new 90 or 91 with the olds quad 4, all black, gray cloth buckets , alum. wheels etc. we just purchased a gray 91 that needs only engine work. i have seen red , black , gray ,and white exterior colors on the gs models.

The car was definately a Somerset, and the emblems definately said GranSport.... I suspect they took 'em off a Regal and made a bit of a conversion.... Thats why I wondered...<P>------------------<BR>1968 "Canadian" Pontiac Beaumont<BR>1988 Buick LeSabre T-Type<BR>

There was no such thing, I saw one at a dealer in the 80's they had put GRAND SPORT in vinyl letters down the side, yes it had a D on the end, they did more than one that way, anything is possible.