29 Chrysler model 75

old buicks

I'm currently restoring a Chrysler M-75 for a friend that bought the car several years ago in boxes (a lot of them). Would like to correspond with someone regarding some questions on some small parts, especially the light switch on the end of the steering column and the throttle linkage and brass oil diverters for starters.

• 3 weeks later...

I have most of the mystery items figured out but have a machined piece that is driving us up the wall. It is made out of about1 inch hex with a 5/8 inch hole in the center and is treaded for a portion of its length. It's not the oil pressure rugulator mechanism for the side of the block. Also have a two piece clamp like affair that is bolted together with two 5/16 bolts. It has spans about 5 inches and appears to have been either riveted or attached to something with smaller screws/bolts (8s or 10'S) in one of the flanges. Also has strengthening ribs in the center of the parts.???????

I was wondering if you have any remains of the orignal cutout muffler for this 75. My father has a 75 roadster and that is one part we have not been able to find a patern to make.

Sorry the cutout for the muffler is not with the car. Several people have emailed me with the same question. I don't think the bracket is for the oil filter but it sounds like a good fit. It is about that shape for the old filters that had a 1/8 or 1/4 inch fitting on both ends. Brake fluid can is diffently out, I have a 29 Plymouth coupe and know what that thing mounts on. The jury is still out on this one.

Sorry the cutout for the muffler is not with the car. Several people have emailed me with the same question. I don't think the bracket is for the oil filter but it sounds like a good fit. It is about that shape for the old filters that had a 1/8 or 1/4 inch fitting on both ends. Brake fluid can is diffently out, I have a 29 Plymouth coupe and know what that thing mounts on. The jury is still out on this one.