Disc Brake Conversion

I believe I have all the parts I need for a drum to disc conversion on my '65 Skylark . Is their any book or manual i can get so i make sure I do the job correctly. It would be very bad if the brakes didn't funtion correctly.

All you are doing is swapping parts. At the most all you would need is the info to replace these same parts on the same car as you got them from. So if you have 1970 Chevelle parts, just get a 1970 Chevelle manual. It really is a no brainer, the only thing that isn't right in front of your face is the linkage that goes on the brake pedal and pushes on the back of the booster must be in the lower hole on the pedal. If you had a non power drum car the rod would go to the upper hole, if your car has power drums, it's already there. You will see that the booster is on a steep angle for this reason (you need less leverage with power). You will replace all the brake lines with the "new" ones including the proportioning valve (which you don't have now)right down to the frame. You will only leave the line that goes back to the rear brakes. Take a good look at the parts and that "old" ones you will see it really is easy. Good luck! <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.