1950 Hydramatic

Hi,<BR>I have almost finished rebuilding a 1950 Cadillac hydramatic box. Of the 3 input gears at the front of the unit only the outermost gear (nearest the case) is free to turn. Is this correct as I can't remember which of the three could turn before the box was dismantled. I have not yet adjusted the new bands as I can only do that with the unit installed and I have tried the selector in all gears.<P>Can anyone help?<P>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrestaMan:<BR><B>Hi,<BR>I have almost finished rebuilding a 1950 Cadillac hydramatic box. Of the 3 input gears at the front of the unit only the outermost gear (nearest the case) is free to turn. Is this correct as I can't remember which of the three could turn before the box was dismantled. I have not yet adjusted the new bands as I can only do that with the unit installed and I have tried the selector in all gears.<P>Can anyone help?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>feel free to post this on my Cadilac board on my site.<P><P>------------------<BR>Lmmax<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/lane/6408/cadillac/" TARGET=_blank>1964 Cadillac & Classic car Photos<P>Cadillac parts</A>

I am not certain as to your reference of the gear nearest the front of the case. The closest gearing set to the front is a planatary set. <BR>On setting the bands- if you can find the two gauges for internal band adjustment, these will give you correct adjustment before actual transmission operation. <P>