WANTED:1926 Chevrolet parts & info

I just bought a 26 Chevrolet Superior K "V" series sedan and need help finding the rare parts and information needed for restoring to original.This is my first restoration project.I need a vacuum wiper motor and all mounting hardware(working or not-working but repairable),lighting control switch for dash,an ammeter with a good gage needle(working or not),aluminum radiator cover,6 window mounting brackets(4 are 19 3/4" long and the 2 for the back windows are 19" long that the window regulater roller travels in),and 4 window cranking handles.these are my main concerns for now, but if you have anything for a 26 chevy e-mail me and let me know what you have.If you have knowledge about this car,own one,or have restored one I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer with my restoration.Anyone that knows of a possible parts source please let me know also.<BR> Thanks for reading my message and have a great day, RAY dnomyar@ameritech.net<p>[ 05-24-2002: Message edited by: dnomyar47 ]

Both the channel that the glass sit in and the track the the rollers run in should be available at you local auto glas place. Last summer two of my windows fell into the doors on my 1930 Pontiac. The chanell and track just rusted away. I had some old ones and the glass shop asked why I wanted to use them. They had them in stovk by the foot. All thy had to do was cut them off so that the wide part where the rollers drop in was at the right place. Including both pieces and glass it was less than $35.00 each window. Take the bits you have and check you local shops. You may be suprised.<BR>Happy hobbying.

palbuick at this time I am trying to put together the money to buy my interior,but I will e-mail you when I can get that starter RAY

Reid,you were right,I found what I needed to modify window sash.Also,all my rollers were frozen on my regulators so I also was able to order modern rollers too.At least this is one area that can be modernized without affecting the "original" status.Thanks RAY<p>[ 06-01-2002: Message edited by: dnomyar47 ]

nearchocolatetown I have ordered a parts list book but have not received it yet.I will contact you when I know part #.<BR>Thanks RAY