Original Shop Manuals on CD

What????????? No Packard????? I already have all of the Chevy, Ford and MoParts on smoke - signal, reel-to-reel, 4 track, 8 track, 3.5 and 5 inch floppy and cassette and quadraphonic BUT nothing to play them on!!! Now i have to get CD???????

what no 1920's stuff either .....mmmmmmmmm please tell me have you gained copy right for the repros you are selling ????? if not it's an infringement of law mad.gif" border="0

Guest leadfoot

Just curious for now. Are these electronic copies of original authorized manufacturer's shop manuals for the years indicated? Or are these copies of the many aftermarket "shop manuals" that even exist for today's cars?

We are a distributor for Detroit Iron Information Systems which is authorized by GM, Ford and Chrysler to reproduce (scan) the original shop manuals onto CDs.

The previously mentioned authorizations are for classic vehicles up to 1979. Sorry, they do not include 1980 to present models.

now i'm curious. Has any DF members actually used any of these CD type manuals???<BR>Its not clear to me why the CD is better than hard copy. i can understand that under certain limited situations the CD would be easier to use. OR, in other words, WHY is a CD better than hard-copy?????

moreover, my guess is that the CD will be antiquted in about 5 years or less. Remeber the 4 track stereo's????????

so, if i buy the CD can i share it in its entirety (or portions there of) as a technical e-mail attachement between others for consultation of certain procedures???????????

now that would be a good thing just buy one copy then send attachments to each other. i ask my self why the c/d 's are so expensive when it costs only the matter of $2 (max) to produce one, a hard copy (printed ) or photo copy costs loads more to produce and is about the same price. my experiance with c/d is you must keep thm dry or the sliver top lifts in time (10 years)