Lucas or Seafoam?

Guest thepreacher

Guest thepreacher

Having newly acquired a Reatta with about 130K miles, I figured one of the first things I would do is run a good batch of cleaner through the tank. Just curious what you guys think, Lucas injector cleaner or Seafoam? What are the pros and cons of each? I have used both in the past and had good results, but I just wondered what the collective wisdom here thought about it. Thanks!

Guest Richard D

I have a a 90 coupe as my daily driver, 150,000 miles. I did use Seafoam for fuel systems, half the can goes into a vacuum

Iine and a lot of smoke comes out exhaust pipe as instructions said. Put rest of can in 9 gallons I had im tank. After a week car did run smoother at idle and no miss on acceleration. Put a can of Seafoam in transmission (original) with 140,000 miles and the occasion shudder from 2 to 3 under light acceleration wet away. YOUR results MAY BE DIFFERENT, non -professional driver on public streets, and FDIC. Kidding aside mechanics in cans is something I don't believe in, but may help temporarily.

Guest Corvanti

another "vote" for Seafoam.:)

i had a rough idle condition with my Reatta. yesterday i cleaned the maf and iac. also used the first procedure with Seafoam shown here: http://reattaowner.com/roj/component/content/article/67-engine-a-drivetrain/fuel-system/241-cleaning-the-fuel-system-with-seafoam

after done, the idle was much better!

also, when i had my Corvettes, "Techron" was the fuel line cleaner of choice by most. i really wasn't impressed with the results...