1947 Buick Roadmaster

Guest Mansetmark

Guest Mansetmark

Have not been able to drive for five years (medications). Now I can. I've fallen in love with the '47 Buick Roadmaster in just about any style except convertable. NOT looking for a show car but something to drive daily. Would prefer standard over automatic. Open to lots of options and suggestions. Live on an island (with bridge) off the coast of Maine so I'd have to store it in winter (six months long this year!). Willing and able to have it shipped to Maine from anywhere in the lower 48.

Guest 42buickman
Have not been able to drive for five years (medications). Now I can. I've fallen in love with the '47 Buick Roadmaster in just about any style except convertable. NOT looking for a show car but something to drive daily. Would prefer standard over automatic. Open to lots of options and suggestions. Live on an island (with bridge) off the coast of Maine so I'd have to store it in winter (six months long this year!). Willing and able to have it shipped to Maine from anywhere in the lower 48.

You're in luck, '47 never offered an automatic, it never came out till '48 and then in Roadmaster only, Paul

Guest Mansetmark

I've read that the Dynaflow automatic was subject to leakage problems. I prefer standard anyway. As a teenager I was told that "With a manual YOU drive the car; with an automatic you just point and pray!"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mansetmark

Still searching the Web for a '47 Roadmaster in good shape but not "Show". 4 or 2 door. Not convertible.