Info on old hood ornament

Please help me identify a hood ornament from possibly the 30's or 40's. It is a figure of a naked woman with her legs and arms going straight back. She has long hair that is flying back also. It appears to be nickel plated or chromed. I would like to know what type of car it came off of and the value.

Guest BruceW

Sam,<P>Can you post a pic of the ornament here?<P>There were a number of "Goddess" hood ornaments used between the 30s and 50s. It is possible that the ornament is an aftermarket like Ron noted. <P>However, Nash, Desoto, and Cadillac used different "Goddess" ornaments during various years. The Cadillac tends to be more curved but some of the Nash and Desoto ornaments have the lady's body positioned straight back. <P>The aftermarket ornaments tend to be more anotomically correct while the ornaments used by the auto manufacturers were a little more subtle on such detail. <P>Post a pic if you can.

I too would like to see a photo. I need one for a Cadillac which used something like your description.<P>keant@ozemail.com.au