1929 Ford Touring Sedan

The last time I looked at a car advertised as a "Touring Sedan", it turned out to be a sedan that someone had cut the top off and made it into what they thought to be a touring car.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Old Grime:<BR><B> Help me with this. What is a "Touring Sedan"?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

I may be wrong, but I think that the term touring sedan was used by Buick and possibly other manufacturers in the late 1930's.<P>As documentation for this opinion, I have in my posession the original bill of sale for my '41 Cadillac convertible sedan which my father purchased new in February 1941. The bill of sale lists as trade in, a 1937 Buick <BR>4dr touring sedan @ $400. Since this was the family car prior to 1941, I remember it quite well as I was 8 at the time. It was a dark green Buick century 4dr sedan. Nothing unusual about it.<P>I have just physically examined the bill of sale, therefore I conclude that it was an advertising term used in the late '30s to designate a 4dr sedan in certain makes.<P>Did Ford use the term in the Model A era? I don't know.

Touring Sedan,<BR> <BR> Yes, in the site durantcars.com then under catalogs click Durant then under series A-22 click 1924. The 1924 Durant model line up shows the "Touring Sedan" as their most expensive model, I understand this was one of two sport models offered, the other being the Sport Touring ( I own a touring). Both cars had disc wheels, were painted maroon, had the radiator shells,headlights, windshield stansions and hardware nickel plated. Hope this may help.