1934-35 Pontiac Wire Wheels

Jon Tagge

Not an expert on these but I do know that 1934 Pontiacs used 17" wheels - with, I think, wires being the only choice - and the 1935 Pontiacs used 16" steel wheels with 6.00x16s on the sixes and 6.50x16s on the eights. The 1934 cars used 6.00x17 tyres so I guess the wheel rims were maybe only 4" wide?

Guest kaycee
Not an expert on these but I do know that 1934 Pontiacs used 17" wheels - with, I think, wires being the only choice - and the 1935 Pontiacs used 16" steel wheels with 6.00x16s on the sixes and 6.50x16s on the eights. The 1934 cars used 6.00x17 tyres so I guess the wheel rims were maybe only 4" wide?

My "34 Pontiac factory brochures show the wheels as 17 inch steel artillery types. I'll look at my "34 parts manual and reply tomorrow.

kaycee

Thanks for the info. Looks like 34-35 Pontiac were similar to Chevy. I have 5 Wire Wheels I think were made by Hayes (Maybe Kelsey Hayes?) that have adjustable spokes not welded and are 19". They are six lug and had Chevy 34 Hub Caps on them when I got them. Chevy didn't make 19" Wire Wheels six lug so I thought maybe they were Pontiac. Not sure what they fit. But I do know they will fit 34-35-36 Chevy Masters.

Guest kaycee

Hi Jon

I checked my parts manual and '34 were wire 17 inch and 35 were artillery16 inch six hole wheels on Pontiacs and probably the same on Chevys.

kaycee

Thanks for the info. Chevy had 17" 5 Lug Wire Wheels on 34 and 35 on Standards and 17" 6 Lug Wire Wheels on 34-35 Masters. They also had Artillery Wheels for 35 Masters. 36 Standards had 5 Lug Artillery Wheels, also Artillery Wheels on Masters, not sure what other 36's had.