41 sedanette belt line moulding clips fastener

Guest 41 sedanette

Guest 41 sedanette

can anyone help, iv started to strip my 41 sedanette special for paint and after removint the beltline trim i discovered it to be rotten, not the car but the actual strip which the trim fastens to.. is this type of fastener still available? if not can anyone please help me to locate another fastener which will hold my stainless trim on when i come to refit it, thanks..post-82029-143141763725_thumb.jpg

post-82029-143141763718_thumb.jpg

Guest Grant Magrath

How about some universal type T shaped clips? Essentially, a piece of flat metal with a small bolt and nut. They come in different widths, and can be ground down to whatever width to slide inside your trim. The down side over clips, is that you need access to the inside of your doors, etc, to do the nuts up. I can't remember who we got ours from now. Could have been Bobs.

Cheers

Grant

Guest 41 sedanette

hi grant, cheers for your reply, ill get on to bob and see about ordering me some clips which you suggested..i have an idea which clips your on about as iv thought about using them before but was unsure they would suit..As for getting inside my panels to fasten the nuts i already have my interior stripped out so the panels are off, its just getting up behind the windows to tighten the nuts... joys of motoring i guess thanks again...kev ENGLAND..1941 buick special sedanette.

Guest 41 sedanette

yea sounds like a good deal. i have a shipping address to georgia usa.. ps love the colour of the flower car..its what im looking for for my buick as i dont like the silver...let me know on total price to georgia (HAHIRA) THANKS

Guest 41 sedanette

hi no its a friends house, the price is fair enough im happy to go ahead with that..so i need total and how to pay..details address etc..thanks..

Total price, $52.00, send money to Paul Meyer, 11694 Mark Twain Lane, Bridgeton, Mo. 63044 By the way, the red pickup is not a FLOWER CAR, it was converted from a '42 Limited to a pickup at the factory for Ed Ragsdale, VP of GM and General Manager of Buick. Now you know, thanks, Paul

• 1 month later...
Guest 41 sedanette

hi i have re done my email address as iv had a virus and not been able to access my yahoo email.. so iv had to redo it..its now buickspecial1941@rocketmail.com if u have been trying to get in touch i appologise. im still interested in those beltline trim fastnenings but i cant access paypal with the details u sent.. its asking for an email address for me to post the payment to .. my paypal will only send money to email addreses..thanks..

Guest 41 sedanette
hi i have re done my email address as iv had a virus and not been able to access my yahoo email.. so iv had to redo it..its now buickspecial1941@rocketmail.com if u have been trying to get in touch i appologise. im still interested in those beltline trim fastnenings but i cant access paypal with the details u sent.. its asking for an email address for me to post the payment to .. my paypal will only send money to email addreses..thanks..

hi money sent for trim fasteners..to 42buickman@gmail.com (vincent myers)

thanks.. finally got it sorted..cheers.