WTB - 1950 DeSoto parts

Guest Irv D

Looking for the following for 1950 DeSoto Custom 4-door sedan:

1) Right rear fender molding - part number 1333866

2) Rear vent window rubber seal (L or R - or both). Will consider entire assembly (frame,glass, rubber) if the rubber is entirely intact, soft and able to be removed from frame without damaging it. Part no. for the rubbers: 1243378® and 1243379(L)

Willing to pay fair price - plus shipping.

Irv D

• 4 weeks later...

I found the rear fender molding - now just need a rear vent window rubber (or complete assembly)

Looking for the following for 1950 DeSoto Custom 4-door sedan:

1) Right rear fender molding - part number 1333866

2) Rear vent window rubber seal (L or R - or both). Will consider entire assembly (frame,glass, rubber) if the rubber is entirely intact, soft and able to be removed from frame without damaging it. Part no. for the rubbers: 1243378® and 1243379(L)

Willing to pay fair price - plus shipping.

Irv D

I have found the right rear fender molding.

Still looking for the rear vent window rubbers, or the complete vent window assembly, if anyone has one - or knows where I can get them.

All help appreiated........Irv

• 2 weeks later...

Marty -

Thanks for your reply and the information. However, the problem is: I purchased a set from Steele Rubber and they are really a VERY POOR fit. They do not seal to the outside of the door (about 1/4" gap all around) - and there is about a 3/4" gap on the inside, where the tight curve is on rubber. I am still "haggling" with them on this. I guess I should have specified that I am looking for a NOS rubber (preferably a pair L & R) - or ones that are used, but in really good condition.

Thanks again.........Irv