1962 lark sedan

Guest 62lesabre

Guest 62lesabre

post-79357-143139277779_thumb.jpg

I recently purchased a 1962 Studebaker Lark 4 door on ebay, i havent seen the car in person yet im going to pick it up tuesday. I know it has a V8 and power steering Im pretty sure its a studebaker V8 i think they also came with chevy engines and it has an automatic trans. The guy i got it from says the rockers and front floors are rusty but the trunk floor is ok. If anyone can tell me any other areas i should check out would be great. This is my first studebaker so im excited to get it home and work on it and see what i have i think i got it for a good price but im not really sure what its worth like it is and what it could be worth if it was restored or just made into a good driver. sorry for the small picture he also told me the rust on the front is all surface rust.

post-79357-143139277778_thumb.jpg

Guest 32mod55

Congratulations, and welcome to this forum. Value depends upon how well it ends up getting restored. It's likely a restoration would cost more than it will ever be worth (that holds true for just about any car). Studebaker only used Chevy engines in the '65 & '66 years when Larks and trucks were manufactured in Canada. The passenger area floors are also probably rusted. You can buy sheet metal repair panels from several places, inclucing Classic Enterprises- search for CI and others. I would consider making it into a good driver and have fun with it. This forum is mostly about prewar cars, you will probably find out more at

Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Hope that helps.

In three months, one of the largest, and the longest running all-Studebaker swap meets in the world will be in York, PA. Time to take inventory and start planning. You can pick up printed copies of the Shop Manual, as well as the factory Body Parts catalog and Chassis Parts catalog from Studebaker vendors and identify your needs. All three of these are also available on one CD-ROM for about $20.

With 13,000 members, the Studebaker Drivers Club is perhaps the largest marque specific club.

Everything you need and more; worth exploring. Also look in to your local chapter. Those folks have been there and done that. They can lubricate the learning curve.

Studebaker Drivers Club