stubborn grill

Guest puceriver

Guest puceriver

As recomended I removed studs from my 1965 grill and it still won't come out because the shoulder on the grill stud holes. Its very close but its definitly not coming out. I think if I pry it out it will break something or leave deep scratches on the bottom panel. Any sugeestions greatly aprred't.

I had trouble getting my grill out but luckily I was taking the front fenders off too so I found that by leaving the top bolts in place, holding the grill up, and after removing the front bumper I was able to remove the bottom panel and then the grill came right out. Not sure where you are, but if your only goal is to repaint your grill, this would be a lot of work.

Guest puceriver
I had trouble getting my grill out but luckily I was taking the front fenders off too so I found that by leaving the top bolts in place, holding the grill up, and after removing the front bumper I was able to remove the bottom panel and then the grill came right out. Not sure where you are, but if your only goal is to repaint your grill, this would be a lot of work.

Thanks I will wait till I'm ready to paint before removing the grill that way.

Kevin