a diff between heads?????

is there a difference between cylinder heads between different years?<P>my 72 455 has 70 rivi heads on it with new valves, the machine shop had to chop down the tops of the valves and put chrysler seals in.<P>from a performance stand point, when i had the 72 heads on and now that the 70 heads are on i dont see a diffrence.<P>also i dont know if the machine shop milled the heads down but my b4b doesnt seem to seal around the heads in the front and rear and there is some blow by in all four corners.<P>i would like to know if there is a difference becasue i spun the rod bearings and now the engine is out of the car, getting rebuilt and i would like som help on which heads to put back on.<P>thanks for any help.

I am confused as to whether you,have the 70 or 72 heads on the engine. The 72 heads had AIR holes that the early B4B would not cover. Thay were on all four ends of the intake. The 70 heads do not have those holes so it is no problem. If you have the early B4B and the 72 heads ,you must remove it and plug the AIR holes or you willl have an engine that will not run properly.

ta performance turned me on to the trick of pluging the air holes. i plugged the holes with brass plugs that i got from the part store. kind of like freeze plugs