Leaded or Unleaded Gas

Just purchased a 1966 Buick Electra in mint condition. The owner of the vehicle for the last 13 years told me that he doesn't use lead additives for the car. He has always used Mid Grade Unleaded. Should I continue to use Mid Grade Unleaded or should I start using a lead additive? Please help. Thanks confused.gif" border="0<p>[ 06-11-2002: Message edited by: John Ruffolo ]

I am surprised that he was able to run the car on mid-grade. The compression of the engine should require 93 octane. If he ran it sucessfully on mid-grade ,he must have driven it VERY carefully to keep the pinging down. Lead additives are not really necessary unless you ARE GOING TO RUN THE CAR HARD FOR LONG DISTANCES.

Thanks for the information. I have driven the Buick for about 2,000 miles since I purchased it and I haven't heard anything out of the ordinary. I just was nervous about not adding the lead. Thanks again for your help.

Hey John,<P>You are the first other 66 Electra owner that I have come across. Please excuse me while I get mildly excited. Mine is a 4 door hardtop. Check it out at... <A HREF="http://www.buickstreet.com/my66electra.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.buickstreet.com/my66electra.html</A><P>I'd love to get some photos from you about your car and a story to go with it for a feature on BuickStreet.com. Interested?<P>And, as mentioned several times in this forum, this is an open invitation to you all to do the same. I need more classic Buicks. Don't be shy, they don't have to be in show condition (mine is a perfect example of that).<P>Bill S.<BR>Editor/webmaster <BR>BuickStreet.com<p>[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: BuickSt ]