intake manifold....performance????

i am going to make an intake change on my 72 gs. right now it has what i have been told is an original casting edelbrock b4b(the one that fits 70 and earlier big block heads because of the a.i.r. holes)my question is which intake makes the best power?<P>its either going to a choice between the edelbrock performer,<BR>ta performance sp1,<BR>postons intake,<BR>or the kenne bell wildcat cool runner.<P>i am also going to change from my current edelbrock 750 cfm to an 800 cfm.<BR> <BR>has anyone had any encounters with these intakes?<P>any intake shootouts?<P>thanks for any help.<P>robert

if you aren't running on the street then go with a single plane, for everything else I would go with a dual plane. The Edelbrock B4B will do fine.

I agree with Tomsriv!! The B4B is the best all around street manifold you can put on a Buick. The performer ,although it positions the carb like the stock intake,loses HP over the B4B.A single plane intake makes Hp in the upper RPM range ,but it hurts street performance ,unless you,have a loose convertor or a wicked gear. All the info I have seen on ther Posten S-divider intake has been negative ,so I would steer clear of it.

so what you guys are saying is that i should stick with the intake that i have??<P>that would save me a little cash anyways.<P>thanks <P>robert

The B4B has been around for a long time, and for street use ,is still the best one available. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0<BR>The SP1 and the Poston manifolds are not as good and the cool runner and the TA are single plane which do not work as well on the street<p>[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: The Old Guy ]

THE ONLY THING YOU MAY WANT TO BE CARFUL OF IS THE T/A PERFORMANCE SINGLE PLANE IS A LITTLE TALLER THAN THE STOCK OR THE EDELBROCK UNIT. THE T/A PERFORMANCE ONE HAS A WIDER TORQUE BAND, THE EDELBROCK ONE TOPS OUT AT 5500 OR 6000 RPM I BELIEVE.