Where can I find paint codes?

My 52 that I just purchased was painted so many different colors that I don't quite know how to find a good example of what it should look like. Any body know any links?<BR> confused.gif" border="0

Guest COMPACTBC

Code 5217 = a two tone paint job. The UPPER is PPG code #10674 which is Imperial Blue Poly. The LOWER is PPG code #30774 which is Barton Gray. grin.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

I thought it was a '52, because it has the chrome fins, but the tag on the firewall says <BR>Year: 51<BR>Model: 51-52<P>Would 52 be the right year? I was just confused by the fins.<BR>I think the paint might be 5117...<P>Thanks again.

Guest COMPACTBC

Is your car a Super 4dr.ht.(M#52)? My book does not show a paint code #5117 for a 1951 Buick. You may have a 1952 Buick that was manufactured in late 1951 and that could explain the year "51" on the data plate. rolleyes.gif" border="0

It says Model 51-52. Very confusing.<BR>I have been scraping paint and I am finding a lot of this Olive-green/grey paint underneath.<BR>Thanks for your replies,<BR>Matt

Take a piece of paper and pencil sideways over the whole data plate.this will show things a little better.you will see the paint no.

Model 51-52 is a 4dr super riviera.Someone might have put 52 fenders on? 51-17 for 1951 shows Sky Gray / Duco No.253-55768. Hope this helps. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0