1963 Riviera Headliner replacement

Guest Steeleco

Guest Steeleco

I am replacing my headliner and it looks straight forward. The only thing I'm not sure about (or the only thing I think I'm not sure about), is how to remove the sail panels. Does anyone know how they are attached. Obviously there is the metal trim and courtesy light to remove. There must be something else holding it in place but I'm not sure what. Thanks for any help.

ive got a sail panel here -im going to try to walk you through this-they have a push in clip that has a u shape that atatches to sail panel-the body manual sayes to pull these clips out towards you.youll have to get something behind salepanel and pull towards you.these are the measurements-center of all is 1 1/8th -from top at front point is 9 1/2 and 13 1/2- from the curve down is 2 and 12 1/2.this panel i have doesnt look like the last was installed(12 1/2).if you going to replace i wouldnt worry about hurting headliner-if remember the clips pull out pretty easy.hope this helps.t.nugent roa 12969.

• Like 1

Guest 1963 Riviera

My Sail panels have been off for a couple of months now as I am rustproofing the whole interior cabin, I don't remember them being difficult to remove, and hope they wont be difficult to install. I have attached photos Hope they help.

post-81550-143139183144_thumb.jpg

Once you have removed the mouldings, coat hook and courtesy light, they should shift out my moving them forward thus releasing them form the hidden clips

Should be easy sail(panel)ing from there ;)

A GLORIOUS SPRING DAY IN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

post-81550-143139183064_thumb.jpg

post-81550-143139183077_thumb.jpg

post-81550-143139183088_thumb.jpg

Guest Steeleco

Thanks for all the help. I have the new headliner about 80% installed including I found some blue metalic spray paint for the metal trim that is a good match. I hope the fold in the center from the packaging falls out. Does anybody know if you use a hair dryer or something to get that crease out?

Cheers!

steeleco-i forgot to tell you to set in sun before installing-same as carpet.i know you can slide panels out-but im thinking to install it would be easier to have clips attatched and just push back in holes.my headliner has some wrinkles in it too.rivnut told me to not use heatgun on liner for fear of melting-said to take it to pro-they use steam.t.nugent roa12969.

• Like 1