transmission adapter

I have a 1955 Buick Century. Can I adapt another auto transmission, be it Buick or Ford, to that engine to get rid of the Dyna <BR>flow? Do they still make adapter plates?

It will be more expensive to do than you will find it to be worth. Do not forget that you will also have to hook the new tranny up to the torque tube or change the car to open drive. the dynaflow by 55 was almost bullet proof and not too bad on acceleration and economy smile.gif" border="0<p>[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: The Old Guy ]

Guest miked

I've seen adaptors for sale, but it's true its not an easy swap. I am going to do this same swap, the dynaflow sucks don't care what year it is. If you want to keep the nailhead and put a different tranny behind it I would recomend a 364 or a 401, you will need to replace the rearend and probably the rear suspension, if you are a decent fabricator you could do the mods. There is a th400 that does bolt up to the 364-401 but they are difficult to find and $$$, I think they were made in 63 and 64(?) I plan on installing a 4 speed, a ford toploader or a muncie. There was an article in Hot Rod Deluxe magazine a few months ago, check out <A HREF="http://www.CKDeluxe.com" TARGET=_blank>www.CKDeluxe.com</A> good luck...